The North East mountainous areas of Ba Be Lake, Cao Bang offer breathtaking views and interesting subcultures. It is the least travelled area of the North and attracts hardier travellers craving a glimpse of some of the more remote ethnic minority people.
• Ba Be National Park, the lush forest with hill tribe and sparkling deep lakes• Cao Bang, picturesque Ban Gioc waterfall, expansive Nguom Ngao Cavern• Lang Son, Mac dynasty citadel
• The jewel of the park, the vast Ba Be Lake.• Cave exploration.• Experience the diversity of hill tribes in the North• Breathtaking scenery of terrace fields, waterfall, cave
[Day 1] Hanoi – Thai Nguyen – Ba Be National ParkMeals: dinner | Accommodation: homestay
AM: 07.30am - Depart Handspan's Sales Office at 78 Ma May Street for a drive through the Red River Delta North along Highway 3 to Thai Nguyen. Of interest here is the Museum of the Cultures of Viet Nam's Ethnic Groups.
PM: Leaving the delta behind, you'll start climbing into the mountainous area of Ba Be National Park. Dinner and homestay in a local house.
[Day 2] Ba Be – Cao BangMeals: breakfast | Accommodation: hotel
AM: Have breakfast with your Tay hosts before exploring the lake with lush forest clinging to the surrounding limestone mountains. Reach the end of the lake and trek to Dau Dang Waterfall.
PM: Heading North through the mountains to the city of Cao Bang. Overnight in a hotel in Cao Bang.
[Day 3] Cao Bang – Ban Gioc Waterfall – That KheMeals: N/A | Accommodation: guesthouse
AM: After breakfast, consider climbing the hill up to the War Memorial for a great panoramic view.Take a scenic day trip North of Cao Bang to the beautiful Ban Gioc Waterfall on the Chinese border for a picnic lunch. This picturesque, cascading waterfall is 53 meters high and has an impressive span of 300 meters. The unique landscape includes limestone karst formations soaring from the verdant rice paddies of Tay, H'Mong and Dzao ethnic minority groups.
PM: On the way back to That Khe (Lang Son) explore the expansive 2,144 meter Nguom Ngao Cavern to discover its brilliant stalactites. Overnight at a guesthouse in That Khe.
[Day 4] That Khe – Lang Son - HanoiMeals: N/A | Accommodation: N/A
AM: A morning drive takes the famous Highway 4 winds its way through steep mountain passes with spectacular vistas! Lang Son, the capital of this mountainous area, is an important crossing and trading route with China. The area is home to Dzao, Man, Tho and Nung ethnic minority groups. Take your time to visit the city's market, caves and the ruins of Mac Dynasty Citadel
PM: Heading back to Hanoi along a modern 4-lane divided highway. Trip ends at Handspan office around 6.00pm.
PRICE PER PERSON
Solo: $...From 2 participants: $...Single supplement: $..
Group discount is available, please contact our sales staff at
• Accommodation (Hotel/guesthouse in this area is basic with A/C and private bathroom)• Meals as specified in the program• Travel in an appropriate air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced driver• Boat trip on Ba Be lake• The services of an experienced English-speaking guide• Entrance fees• VAT and other taxes
• Hotel in Hanoi• Other meals not mentioned above• Beverages, gratuities and personal expenses.• Camera fees (if any)• Insurance• Surcharge of peak season
• From 1 to 3 persons: Toyota Zace or Ford Everest (7-seaters).• From 4 to 8 persons: Ford Transit (16-seater)
Home - Login - Site Map
Copyrights ® 2010 by HANDSPAN. Designed by GlobalLink Software Solutions